Long time, no blog, but I’m back and just in time to share how I keep my makeup in place as the temperatures and humidity climb. Winter is a beauty guru’s favorite time of year except for the dry skin. It’s the perfect time of year to wear makeup: no humidity or hot weather to melt the masterpiece you create from your skin. But there is a way to keep your face looking fresh even in the warming weather. So here are my top tips for keeping your face as oil free as possible:
- Start off with sunscreen, no matter what your skin tone, sunscreen is a must to protect your skin from the sun and it’s harmful rays. This also helps prevent aging your skin with sun marks.
- Always use a primer! It keeps the chemicals of the makeup one layer away from your face and keeps your makeup fresher for longer.
- For my oily or oily-dry combo-skinned girls out there add a layer of loose setting powder before you put on a liquid foundation, this trick does not work for mineral/powder foundations. I wouldn’t recommend this for my dry-skinned girls out there because it may end up causing more harm than good.
- Make sure your foundation is a long-lasting one, you can’t expect a foundation that doesn’t claim to be long-lasting to do so. Once you find a long-lasting foundation that works for you keep it close by for the warm months. My favorite drugstore long-lasting foundation is the Revlon Color Stay liquid foundation, because it has a range of colors as well as different formulas for different skin types.
- After you apply concealer and any other base face products set your face (for a second time if you did step 3) with a loose powder. This would also be the time to bake your face by adding a layer of loose powder on your oiliest areas and leaving it there for five minutes before brushing it away.
- Then after finishing the rest of your makeup, spray yourself with a setting spray. After spraying your face with setting spray, fan your face and this will help lock in your makeup.
- Then keep blotting papers in your handbag if you feel yourself getting oily throughout the day.
I hope these tips I’ve picked up along the way help you as much as they’ve helped me! Good luck staying matte in the warm weather!